Walking the quality route
with our clients
We are an accredited certification body that
operates in the field of wood & wood products.
WHO WE ARE
African Certification and Testing (PTY) Ltd (ACT) has been established to provide a vehicle in which to operate a mark scheme for the benefit of the utility wooden pole industry in Africa.
The company has SANAS Accreditation for ISO/IEC 17065 and ISO/IEC 17021.
WHAT WE DO
- Product certification of standards for wooden poles and sawn timber
- Auditing of quality management systems – ISO 9001
- Consignment product inspection
- Verification of equipment
TYPES OF MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
& CERTIFICATION SCHEMES
ACT is currently accredited for ISO/IEC 17065 for product certification with regards to SANS 754, SANS 457-3, SANS 1288, SANS 1783 – Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.1, 5.2 and SANS 10096. ACT has applied for an extension of scope to include SANS 457-2 and SANS 753.
ACT is currently accredited for ISO/IEC 17021-1 for Quality Management System Certification for EAC 6: Wood and Wood Products (ISO 9001).
Note: Documents that have a reference number ending with “.21” or “.sm” are applicable to ISO/IEC 17021-1 and saw-milling (ISO/IEC 17065) respectively.
- Dear ACT clients and prospective clients take note that we are committed to continuous improvement and as a result thereof we carry out an ongoing review on our procedures.
- Regarding the General Permit Conditions, QP13 rev 08 was approved by ACT management. For current clients QP13 rev 07 remains valid until QP13 rev08 is signed.
COMPLAINTS & APPEALS
African Certification & Testing (ACT) is committed to providing a world class product certification service & maintaining the highest standards of service in all our dealings with client, third parties & stakeholders.
DIRECTORY OF CERTIFIED CLIENTS
ACT IS NOW PARTNERING WITH
TECHNICAL NEWS UPDATE:
VERSION 6 UPDATE:
GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Version 6 is MANDATORY from the 1 January 2024.
There are two versions available:
- IFA Version 6 Smart (non-GFSI recognized)
- IFA Version 6 GFS (GFSI recognized)
IFA Version 6 GFS is not yet released and all clients that are currently on Version 5.4-1-GFS will remain on the version 5 until version 6 GFS has been released.
GRASP VERSION UPDATE:
GRASP V1.3-1-i is valid until Version 6 is mandatory. All clients that have their audits under Version 6 will be assessed according to GRASP v2.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.